Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am a Knight of Columbus

Last Sunday, I was invited by my uncle to join to the one of the largest catholic organization all around the world, the Knights of Columbus. At first, I was hesitant to join because I am very busy with my academics. But I spent a night thinking if I will give it a try, and it resulted to a yes. When the day came, I was very ready and excited to join the organization. The first part of the membership was the orientation for all of the aspirants. The orientation was basically all about the basics of being a catholic. While listening to the orientation, I was really thinking and reflecting to myself; what makes me a catholic?.

This question seems to puzzle me a lot. There were a lot of things I learned from that orientation, things that schools can never provide me. This makes me feel that I think it's time to give myself back to God. Being busy is not the reason of putting God as an option. God will always be the top priority. This message has really makes me different person from that day. The orientation lasted for almost 2 hours. After the orientation was the initiation. We were given a break for a 30 mins. That was one of the longest 30 minutes of my life. I was really feeling nervous at that time, clueless of what will happen.

After a couple of hours, the membership was finished and I am now a First Degree Member of the Knights of Columbus redemptorist council. I can say to myself now that I am a true catholic not only by words but also by action. This will give me a lot of opportunities to serve God and my community.

I will never forget the day that I became a member of Knights of Columbus.


No comments:

Post a Comment