Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog Statistics for Feb 06-Feb 13 2011

Not long ago, Blogger added a new feature for bloggers called "Stats" allowing blogger to monitor and track their blog's statistics. This latest feature allows blogger to track blog's page views and visitors in a either in real time - current time, daily, weekly, monthly and all time. Not only that, it also tracks number of page views per post, traffic sources, audience, and more. Traffic is graphically represented to have a projection whether your traffic is increasing or decreasing.

My amusement with this feature helps me to come up with an idea: Why not create a weekly blog post highlighting screenshots on my weekly blog statistics? However, since the feature lacks weekly summary on incoming visits and page views, I decided to include data from sitemeter.com which I have been using for quite some time now to keep track of my blog's traffic.

UNIQUE VISITS AND PAGEVIEWS (from sitemeter.com)

Click to Enlarge
Screenshot shows weekly traffic for my blog including the unique weekly visits and page views. Honestly, I don't know how to interpret the data in terms of whether I'm getting bulk traffic as a novice blogger. But I'm sure I need lots of efforts and hard work to increase my blog's traffic.

TRAFFIC BREAKDOWN (from blogger.com)

Click to Enlarge

Screenshot shows my blog's audience breakdown by country, including the web browser and operating system used. As expected, majority of my blog's visitor are coming from the Philippines, but it also made me glad knowing that my blog are being viewed from other countries like the United States, Israel, Russia, Ukraine, Canada, Germany, India, the Netherlands and Indonesia. It inspire me a lot to write quality blog posts now I knew that people from all around the world. Just keep reading my blog posts folks! 

It is also flattering that my blog is being vied not only by Windows (96%) but also in other platform such as McIntosh (2%) and Blackberry (1%), as well as in other web browser other than Chrome (46%) and Firefox (17%) such as Opera(5%), Safari (1%) and more. (See screenshot for complete traffic details)

As a novice blogger, it is an overwhelming feeling knowing that your piece of work is being viewed and read by different types of people on different parts of the world; on different machines, platforms and browser. It inspire me to work hard thinking and writing quality and relevant posts for the satisfaction of my readers. Can't wait to have my blog's data for next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment