Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reviving the Blog (Research Update 1)

It's been a while since I had posted a topic in this blog because of no good topic to write and also I am only online once a week. It is not like our school days where we need to update our blogs as required by Dr. Gamboa at least once a week. The past months was really different. The blogosphere where I belong together with my classmates were not as crowded,busy and as informative as before although there are some that are continuously writing nice posts in their blogs. Honestly I really missed blogging that's why I'm starting to revive this blog once again.

After months of posts recession in this blog, I thought of a nice post to start with and I came up having a post with my pending research topic.

I admit that this topic was the hot topic in our blogosphere where everybody in the class were busy updating about their research proposals, consulting each other about the process. I haven't posted any upodate on my research during that time because I am really confused with the topic that I had proposed and also it was very difficult and time consuming for me to learn new concepts in network simulation. I also asked advice from our dean and then he frankly said to me that the topic is too difficult and very time consuming to develop especially for an inexperienced student like me. With this reasons I decided to look for another research topic that is relevant but can be completed within the alloted time. That's why no updates were posted during that span of time. But now that I had the topic already and I am starting to have the proposal for the research topic so it is time for me to do what I haven't done in the past. For my first update is the title of my topic which I believe will be very applicable to our univesity.

"Level of Awareness of Virtual Learning Environments and the Utilization Level of USEP VLE among USEP students"

This will going to be the title of my new research topic. It is more simple than the first one but I think it is also relevant.

The thing that motivates me to conduct this research was that USEP has not gone online learning yet. The new paradigm of learning nowadays is the combination of distance learning and face to face discussion that we commonly known as "blended learning". Although there are some instructors that are using online resources (blogs,e-mails,forums etc.) to support face-to-face discussions,but still the level of awareness and the proficiency of USEP students are not yet determined. The study could also help the university in the future if they will also offer online courses.

My next update would be the objectives and the significance of this study.

No comments:

Post a Comment